Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wall Street Journal Podcast



Trying to broaden my horizons here. I sometimes listen to the WSJ daily podcast. I figured that it would focus on corporate news, but it seems so far to be a ripoff of the Fox News Channel. A couple of observations

1) When searching for a link to the podcast to show you here, I could not find the podcast that I listen to with Gordan Deal (an idiot) and Gina Cervetti (long-suffering second fiddle). My apologies for any mispellings, I couldn't be bothered to look them up. They remind me of Tom Tucker (an idiot) and Diane Simmons (long-suffering second fiddle)from the Family Guy. I find it odd that this was the WSJ podcast shortlisted by the iTunes website, when there are so many others of substance.

2) Gordan Deal is really bad for this, he keeps on trying to slant the news in traditional WSJ conservative bent. I don't have a problem with this, although he just doesn't come off as very bright or convincing. Sorry Gordo, I'm sure you're a nice enough guy, but you need to find your own voice.

3) Despite this, and despite fierce Republican opposition to everything Obama, every single economist that the dream team has interviewed basically agrees that the government is taking the right steps. Gordo keeps asking questions like, "won't all that spending mess up the economy years from now?" and they keep answering, "well...maybe...the point is that we need to stabilize the markets now...." well duh.
4) Can we substitute Kate Kelly for Gordan Deal? Kate, I know you're investigative journalist and don't have the time for this crap, but that punim was made for TV. I watched that WSJ financial crisis video four times to catch a glimpse. Well, actually I didn't, but it stalled my machine four times, so I had to reload that often. I'd have posted a photo, but there are only crap photos of the lady out there.
5) So I just read how Jimmy Cayne, that prick, called KK a you know what, but starts with a C, ends with a T, and rhymes with punt. Jimmy, don't you talk shit about KK, I'll bring you down. Oh wait. Oh, awkward. Sorry. Yeah. I wonder if even your bridge buddies still play with you, you jackass. KK you have my support.

No comments: