Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Read Salon's Interview with Elizabeth Warren

This is the reason why I write here, this is at the core of what being a RavingLeftatic is all about.  Kudos to Elizabeth Warren, kudos to Salon.com:

"I guess it is a fundamental belief that people are doing the best they can. It is easy when you are successful to think that you did it all by yourself and to forget that you didn’t. You got here because a lot of things broke your way. You were lucky enough to be born into a family that could afford to take care of you well. You were lucky enough to be able to have a family that could pay for you to go to school or buy your way out of scrapes. And to people who have had a lot of luck and don’t acknowledge that -- the world looks like a total meritocracy, right? I’m on top because I really won, because I am better than everyone else."

No comments: