Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Jon Huntsman, Decidedly Not Crazy

Am I going nuts?  Is John Huntsman coming out as the real GOP contender here?

In the last two days I've seen three articles that affirm this possibility.

1)  Huntsman said the GOP was nuts to risk the full faith and credit of the U.S. Bond.

2)  Huntsman is unopposed to civil unions.

3)  Huntsman believes in evolution, and trusts scientists on globalwarming!

It's sad, that one of the Republican contenders for the seat actually has more liberal views than the sitting Democratic President, or at least has more courage of convictions.  He's also shown that he isn't afraid to lead the discourse, not simply kowtow to the crazy that Perry and Bachman have been touting.  In fact, he has been so effective in the past two days that I am going to go out on a limb and say, Huntsman's candacy effectively removes Romney from the race.  I know he isn't as well monied, or as well known, but he doesn't have a record of failure, and he's a relatively fresh face.  And, in case I haven't made this clear yet, Huntsman is NOT crazy. Now, all this may change if I found out he's a rabid libertarian, those dogs need to be put down.  But so far, he's merely a conservative.  I can live with that.

re 2)  I know that we all want Gay Marriage.  But as a policy, civil unions aren't bad, and they're a hell of a lot better than nothing at all.

So from a field of terrible contenders emerges one with some actual cred.  Go Huntsman or Go home!  Hopefully my endorsement of the Republican candidate won't destroy him.  With my thousands of readers and such.

No comments: